At the risk of being called a luddite, I do (essentially) the following:

SBMJOB CMD(SNDPTFORD PTFID((*HIPERGRP))) JOB(SNDPTFORD)

Replace *HIPERGRP with whatever group you want. Then I go about my other
business.

When all groups I ordered are done, I do a DSPPTFCVR which defaults to
showing cover letters for all PTFs that are not applied, and proceed from
there.

Note that I have a single 520, not LPARed, so I'm not worried about
downloading once and applying to multiple machines. This takes less of my
time than any method I have found through Fix Central.