Don,

My argument is that your continued sameness in your argument is just
negative press for everyone, including yourself. The witless vitriol that
spews from your fingers stinks like it is coming from a lower orifice.

On one forum, I offered you support for your user group, and you responded
with an "I don't need your permission". I did not offer, nor do I have the
power of permission, so you twisted my words around - as you do. Your
viewpoint is skewed on these topics, and a quick review shows that you
continue to spew the same 'complaint' every year. EVERY year.

In my emails here, I do not represent the COMMON board, and have said that.
Yet you claim I am. On the other hand, you claim some knowledge of events,
even though you are removed from those events. The insight you think you
have is simply second hand opinion and interpretation, not facts. Adding
your twists do not make the 'facts' any truer, just more negative.

It is definitely hard to ignore the loudest voice in the schoolyard. But
simply put Don, your words are only negative press for the community, the
industry and the platform. If you ever claimed to be an advocate for i, then
it is time for you to advocate, not bash. Find something positive in your
world, and use that as incentive.

Truly, it is most ironic that you spend all this time slamming something
which, apparently, you cannot live without. I see you at every COMMON
conference, regardless of the noise you make about not going. Obviously
there is something that keeps you coming back, and obviously, you can afford
it.

In this forum, it is not my place to offer solutions. I ran for the COMMON
board so I could work there to help make the decisions that would keep
COMMON vibrant and alive. That work continues, regardless of the opinion of
one Don Rima. I would encourage you, and all the other speculators of
conference locations, to offer your advice to the COMMON board. Not to an
individual board member, but to the organization. Outside of your spew,
there have been some great ideas throughout this thread, and while there are
board members who read this forum, addressing the board shows your concern
is true, not just spit and venom.

It is time for the iCommunity to stand up and declare that negativity, rumor
and spittle are not acceptable. Debate is welcome, disagreement is welcome,
but lies and conjecture do nothing to further the platform in today's
environment.

As for your conjecture that "venu (sic) costs to the attendee (all in upper
case)" are "outrageous (all in upper case)", show your proof. From my
personal perspective, there is always an airfare, always hotel rooms, and
always a registration for any conference you attend. In one case, conference
registration is high, in other cases room costs are high. Companies are
still spending money sending their staff to conferences, and it is only a
choice of which conference - simply because the final costs of most
conferences are a wash. Comparing room costs between conferences is a narrow
argument that does not prove a thing. Certainly, if the ONLY conference you
attend is COMMON, then your costs have gone up over the years. But that is
not different than any other conference.

Now I shall get off my personal soapbox and get back to the work and
positivity that is required for this industry and for COMMON.
Trevor