DB2 Connect is not an iSeries product - so it is not licensed there. Has to be on the Linux end.

Mike Cunningham wrote:
Do you know if that is a license purchased for the linux server side or on the iSeries side? So we own DB2/400 and can use it all we want including for remote ODBC and JDBC connections and we can get DB2 for Linux for free, but if we want to use DRDA to connect the two it might be a $12K license? If that turns out to be true (will check with our BP) I think we will drop the DRDA option and go ODBC. I did see DB2 Connect Personal Edition for Linux for $515. Maybe that will suffice since we are only talking one sever needing to connect.
-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lukas Beeler
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:41 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: DB2 on Linux to DB2/400 using DRDA

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 21:36, Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx> wrote:
We have a linux server running DB2 (got it free from IBM). We want to connect that linux install of DB2 to DB2/400. We have it setup to do this (it uses DRDA) and the connecting is being made but we get a licensing error that we do not have a valid DB2 Connect license (see link) Any idea what we have to do to get licensed for this? Would this be a license on the DB2/400 side or on the DB2 for Linux side?

You need a DB2 Connect license (duh). It's very expensive. We had a
quote for 30 users here, and the price was about 12k or something
around that.