As for the errors, they are not just IBM, it's not uncommon for the reseller to use a different format of "order" than the actual IBM "order" and... well... Shoot happens... ;-)

Aaron Bartell wrote:
Your comments lead me to believe that IBM might have a history of
incorrectly configuring a machine - yikes! Here are both screen shots from
WRKDSKSTS. What does this tell me? Based on what you said, I would guess I
have RAID5, correct?

Work with Disk Status
WHITE
10/31/09
07:41:27
Elapsed time:
00:00:00

Size % I/O Request Read Write Read Write
%
Unit Type (M) Used Rqs Size (K) Rqs Rqs (K) (K)
Busy
1 433C 93063 10.2 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0
0
2 433C 93063 8.9 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0
0
3 433C 93063 8.9 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0 .0
0

Work with Disk Status
WHITE
10/31/09
07:41:27
Elapsed time:
00:00:00

--Protection--
Unit ASP Type Status
Compression
1 1 DPY
ACTIVE
2 1 DPY
ACTIVE
3 1 DPY
ACTIVE

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 8:28 AM, R Bruce Hoffman <