I am admiring my new POWER6 machine and it's speed. I went to DSPSYSSTS to
review disk and memory to see that I had values according to what I ordered
and it appears something might be wrong. I ordered 4 drives instead of 2
because I was told the I/O would become much more efficient. I assumed that
would mean the drives wouldn't be mirrored (i.e. my disk space halved) and
instead it would be as if I had 1/4 of the space of four drives because of
how the data is spread across the drives. So I have 4 139GB drives and was
expecting to see 139GB in System ASP but am instead seeing 279.1GB (see
below screen shot). Am I missing something? Also, I ordered 4GB of memory
but I only see 3.5GB. I know memory is never exactly on the mark, but being
off by 512MB seems odd. Thoughts?

Display System Status
WHITE
10/31/09
05:29:38
% CPU used . . . . . . . : .4 Auxiliary
storage:
% DB capability . . . . : .0 System ASP . . . . . . : 279.1
Elapsed time . . . . . . : 00:00:01 % system ASP used . . :
10.2205
Jobs in system . . . . . : 1736 Total . . . . . . . . : 279.1
% perm addresses . . . . : .007 Current unprotect used : 3469
% temp addresses . . . . : .010 Maximum unprotect . . : 3546

System Pool Reserved Max -----DB-----
---Non-DB---
Pool Size (M) Size (M) Active Fault Pages Fault
Pages
1 307.37 150.96 +++++ .0 .0 .0
.0
2 2846.22 33.53 66 .0 .0 .0