So, I tried to connect with Client Access to their other system, and
that worked fine. I then tried to Telnet (from my working Client
Access session) from the working system to the new system, and that
didn't work. Now, here is where the confusion comes in. I went to
the Console (LAN CONSOLE) for each machine, and I could telnet from
one system to another, and I could telnet on the console of the new
system to itself. So, telnet is working.

Going for the low-hanging fruit: you did telnet by IP address rather than by
name, right? And double-checked the IP address? (DNS problem?) Is IP
address auto-assigned by DHCP?

Dennis Lovelady
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."
-- Hector Berlioz

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2021 by and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.