From: John McKee <jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, Jun 18, 2009 3:47 pm
Subject: Re: AS400 Automatic Sending of New Password?

Happened to me some years back. User had the wrong user name. Another person
was all set to change the password and set it to *EXPIRED so this user could
log on and try again. Two people with same last name.

John McKee

Quoting Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

What if someone posed as another user? for example, if Joe wanted
Bob's password, Joe could say "This is Bob. I've tried my password and
it's not working." and you'd give him Bob's password!

McGovern, Sean wrote:
At a previous company, certain users would complain frequently about
the system not accepting their password and asking for a reset. I got
fed up, and wrote a routine to store the unencrypted password using
an exit point program.

After that, when users called, I could tell them what their password
was. "Oh yeah, that was it", they would say.