From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Earl
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:34 PM
To: Midrange-List
Subject: Re: AS400 Automatic Sending of New Password?

Frank,

You could decrypt the password and send it to the user, but that is probably more trouble than it is worth. Instead change the password and the profile and send out a single use password that the user can use for access.

There are commercial applications that do this process for you securely and take a lot of the risk and guesswork out of the process. There aren't any available solely for the i, but if you are using EIM and SSO, you could solve this whole problem at the network authentication level.

jte

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile