This worked perfectly!!!! Thanks so much for the advice.
cjg

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Birgitta Hauser
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:24 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: AW: Move Stored procures to new iseries

Hi,

in either way I'd suggest to recreate the SQL stored procedures on the new
system, even though saving and restoring would be enough.
Simply use iSeries Navigator, Generate SQL Scripts for all SQL procedures
and run this script on the new system.
There were several enhancements in the way how SQL procedures are translated
to C (Expression Evaluator), that will speed up the execution of the stored
procedures.
But to take advantage of these enhancements the stored procedures and user
defined functions must be recreated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." (Derek Bok) "What is
worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training them and
keeping them!"