Googled RNX1251 and got this :

Brilliant list, brilliant Vern!
Only, should it be so much easier to search the archives with google than on midrange.com?

Subject: Re: Negative response code... RNX1251
From: vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:16:52 +0000 >

You can't assume that they got compiled the same way, with
the same settings of parameters on CRTDSPF. Get a backup of
the one on the production and restore it, then compare DSPFD
against them both. I suspect you'll find something in the
RSTDSP or DFRWRT attributes that is different.

HTH
Vern

From: "John Wallroff" <jwallroff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a very frustrating problem. I am working on a
display file that
we have had for several years. This display file is now
coming up with
these errors when it is displayed, another display file is
display and
this display file is displayed for a 2nd time...

Data sent to device FLJOHN1 not valid. Negative response code is

10050126.

Permanent I/O error occurred in file IABS423.

Function check. RNX1251 unmonitored by IABR423 at statement
0000000797,

instruction X'0000'.

Permanent I/O error occurred in file IABS423 (C G D F).

Permanent I/O error occurred in file IABS423 (C G D F).

We have 2 partitions on our iSeries, a Dev side and a
Production side.
I was making some changes to this display file on the Dev Box and I
started getting this error while testing the changes. Well,
long story
short, I moved the old source files from Production onto
the Dev box
to try to figure out where the problem really was. I compiled the
original display file and it's came up with the same error
when I ran
it. The production box was working so to test if it was
some type of
configuration difference between the Production box and the
Development box I simply recompiled the existing source on the
Production box, now it's coming up with the error. Keep in mind,
nothing has changed on the production box other then an old
existing Display file was recompiled.

Do any of you out there have any idea what the heck is going on? Is
there some kind of PTF that I'm missing that addresses this? This
Display file has been around and has been used for a long time. I
personally made a change to it 4 years ago and it's always
worked. On
the Production box nothing has changed other then recompiling the
source so I don't think there is a problem with the source or RPGLE
program that runs it. My gut feeling is that there is a
system issue.
Doing a Google search on the error RNX1251 even brought up an issue
with V5R2 and this error and showed a PTF. We are on V5R3 and are
pretty up to date other then I've yet to load the latest CUM set. I
plan on doing that this week on our Dev box and if everything looks
good on the Production box this weekend.

Thank you very much for your help in advanced.

--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
(MIDRANGE-L) mailing