At this time I suggest submitting the following two commands

TRCASPBAL SET(*ON) TIMLMT(480)

SBMJOB CMD(STRASPBAL TYPE(*USAGE) ASP(1) TIMLMT(*NOMAX)) SCDTIME(1800)

The time being well after the TIMLMT on the TRCASPBAL command.

You want to run the TRCASPBAL during normal usage hours. The STRASPBAL
*USAGE can be after hours.

*capacity balanced it out over the drives. *usage will ensure that just a
few drives aren't receiving a bulk of the I/O's. Like this from WRKDSKSTS

Size % I/O
Unit Type (M) Used Rqs
1 4328 141129 83.8 4.4
2 4328 105847 83.8 5.5
3 4328 105847 83.8 10.4
4 4328 105847 83.8 2.7
5 4328 105847 83.8 8.8
6 4328 141129 83.8 26.5
7 4327 52923 83.8 1.1
8 4327 52923 83.8 1.1
9 4327 52923 83.8 .5
10 4327 52923 83.8 1.1

Ah well, I can recall the days we used to do unload/reloads just to
balance the drives. What we have now beats that all to pieces.