Al

First thing - do NOT copy source - use CVTRPGSRC to convert RPG III to RPG IV - it will probably just compile - every specification is laid out differently in IV (the dialect of RPG that can be used for ILE). NOTE!! The record length for RPG IV is 112, not 92.

Manuals are in Infocenter - under programming - then RPG - then ILE - you won't find a v5r1 link on IBM's site, so here it is -

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm

As to source member types, try F1 with your cursor in that column - you will find everything PDM expects.

A program is a program is a program - you can call any program from any program. There are a couple odd things about it, but you will not be running into those - mostly has to do with a return variable, and is only when working with procedures, not programs.

HTH
Vern

Al wrote:
Can someone point me to link to manual on RPGLE?

One thing that might be helpful would be what you can / cannot do in RPG vs.
RPGLE.

I am on V5R1, tried to do something with RPG, could not get everything
needed, copied source code to RPGLE, planning to identify & fix any errors,
then work on what I could not do in RPG, only 1,000 errors in the compile
was a bit more than I bargained for. I suspect/hope most is due to F
specifications structured differently.

I assume the PDM Type is correct for me.

RPG becomes RPGLE and

SQLRPG becomes SQLRPGLE

When calling an RPGLE program, can I do it with CL (in QCLSRC), or do I need
to use CLE (in what source name)?

I am using files defined in DDS . I sure hope externally defined files work
same way in RPGLE as in RPG.

-

Al Macintyre

-

Home PC in midst of replacement ... many standard things not yet fully
operational again yet