I have a tool called Document Integrator. It allows us to create boiler
plates and merge data to create letters and such.

When I print with this tool it outputs via program described output
(because of the variable nature of the user documents). The tool has
a feature that allow for underling and bolding of text. If I print to
a *SCS data stream the bolding appears but if I use a print file or
override one to use *AFPDS data stream the bolding is lost. However,
the underlining remains.

I know that I can bold in an externally defined *AFPDS printer file but
I cannot use one in this case. The bolded data could appear in various
positions on the print line because of the size of merge data. I Must
use *AFPDS to specify the document font and a letter head overlay.

Does any one have experience in forcing the bolding to program described
output while using a *AFPDS defined printer file?

Thanks, Matt