From: "ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:24:14 AM
Subject: RE: COMMON - the week's over...

To all those that are being extremely negative about the attendance figures
at the Reno COMMON, please keep in mind that the # of attendees right now
was probably hammered into the ground by the current downturn.  My company
always sends 2-3 people to each COMMON and this year was the first that we
didn't.  In fact, no real travel/education/etc. until things get a bit
better.

I know that there has been an ongoing downward trend, but keep in mind that
right now things are BAD.  I think I read a statistic from the conference
that something like 40% of companies surveyed had put similar education
restrictions in place right now.  I don't think attendance at the Reno
conference can be thought of as anywhere near what it 'normally' might have
been.