Its connecting, so it is finding your target. Where are the commands after you are connected coming from? Starting with "CWD /tmp"

Vinay Gavankar wrote:
As you can see from the log, it is unable to retrieve the directory listing
and I get disconnected from the server. So there is no file structure in the
right-side panel (under Remote site).

AS400 is at V5R3.

How all this started was that I was trying to install a 3rd party software
on my PC which was using FTP to automatically connect to the as400 and
transfer some files to it and install a part of the software on the as400.
That did not work and I traced it to a failure of FTP. So I was trying to
see if I can do FTP from my PC to the as400 and transfer the file manually.
And that too did not work.

I am sure that it has something to do with the firewall, as I had another
user who is on the same network, try ftp from the command prompt of his PC
and that worked fine. (He did 'ftp 198.168.100.7' and I have to do 'ftp
65.xx.xxx.xx' as I am not on the same network as the as400).

Vinay