On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 00:55, Simon Coulter <shc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Great, you solved a business problem but
you've made the solution less dependent on OS/400 and as a result
easier to move off the system.

Well, i don't know about you, but i think that's the right thing to
do. Locking in customers to the IBM i isn't really what's best for the
customer or my employer - it's solving the customers business problems
in a fast, efficient, and reliable manner.

I'm not sure though if PASE always fits that bill, but in general i
don't see it as my job to lock customers into IBM's platform, but
provide solutions for our customers business problems.

But if all you have is a hammer, every problem will start to look like a nail :)