From: Hoteltravelfundotcom
Nathan, Interesting idea. Crystal has a command line, I will look into
this. You don't happen to know if this can be done that way?

It has been a long time since I've used Crystal Reports, but most PC based query-reporting tools offer an sqlExec() type interface for calling programs. The overrides will last for the duration of the connection.

The advantage of writing your own program to do overrides, is that you can make it flexible, using parameters. Certain reports might require certain tables. So you set up an IBM i table to cross-reference report ID with a list of required tables, then perform all overrides for a given report ID, where report ID is a parameter.

Or perhaps certain members might pertain to certain clients or fiscal years, so client ID and fiscal year could be parameters.

Nathan.