Le: 22 févr. 2009, vous écriviez dans:
gmane.comp.hardware.ibm.midrange:

I've got a situation on a customer box, where I'm being asked to
access a DDM file connected to a file on one of their other boxes.

Unfortunately, having never dealt with DDM files before, I'm
having trouble accessing it.

According to everything I read, I should be able to access it from
RPG as if it were the actual PF to which it is connected. No joy.

According to everything I read, I should also be able to CPYF it
onto the box where my code lives, to take a look at it. When I do
this, it just sits there, keyboard locked, until I SysRq-2 it, at
which point, if I look at my local copy, I get (as Anne Robinson
would say) nothing.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

What kind of communication layer do you use ?

If using TCP/IP:
- check that the ddm server is started on the remote server (using
netstat, option 3, you should see a ddm server listening)
- check that the local server is able to reach the remote server (ping
could help you if there is no firewall blocking icmp protocol between
the two servers)
- open another 5250 session while trying to open the remote file, and
using netstat option 3, look at the connection state from your server
to the remote server on ddm port, and report it here

If using SNA:
- check that there are existing active APPC controllers/devices on both
the local and remote server
- on the remote server check that the APPC device related to your local
server is allocated to an active subsystem (usually it is QCMN)
- check DDMACC network attribute (*REJECT may refuse any connection)

In any case, look at the job log of the source job, look at history log
and QSYSOPR message queue of the remote server.

Check out this document as a starter:

http://www-
912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/66603a67
c13a4f118625676a00601dd6?OpenDocument

Authority to the DDM file is *PUBLIC *CHANGE.