I'd call SW support before you get any deeper... once PTFs start acting
like that it's a mess to straighten out...

Bill
<brobins3d@gmail.
com> To
Sent by: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
midrange-l-bounce cc
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Apparently Hosed V5R3 Install
02/17/2009 11:23
AM

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

I'm looking for WWYD (What would you do) for the following situation.
V5R3 on a 720 over the weekend. Everything was fine. Cum PTF apply
after an intervening IPL. A couple of PTF option 8's with *NONE as the
device. Some ptfs still remain in IPL action status. After another PTF
8, a review of job log shows 5722XE1 has a damaged PTF (SI26600).
Re-loaded and re-applied, went damaged again. So re-loaded and then
removed *Perm with requisites. Another in 5722XE1 goes damaged, same
process for it. 5722XE1 is now "clean".

So, now the PTF 8 *none (no ipl) is tried again and I get the following:

Function error X'0306' in machine instruction. Internal dump
identifier (ID) 010036EB.

Failure for device or member QAPZGRP2 file QAPZGRP2 in library
QUSRSYS.
Error while processing file *N in library *N.

Function check. CPF9846 unmonitored by QPZAPC at statement *N,
instruction X'0FBA'.

Pointer not set for location referenced.

Function check. MCH3601 unmonitored by QPZAPC at statement *N,
instruction X'1572'.

PTF install processing failed.

I'm also getting things like this in random jobs:

00 02/17/09 03:05:03.910880 QQQOPNQF QSYS 0366
CST600C BPCDREL02
Message . . . . : Member FRTL02 file FRTL02 in BPCSCDELCF opened.

Cause . . . . . : The file was opened with either the Open Data
Base File (OPNDBF) command or the Open Query File (OPNQRYF) command, and
the value FRTL02 was specified for the OPNID parameter.

60 02/17/09 03:05:22.550488 < odeHighUse 000E8C
QDBGETKY QSYS
From Program . . . . . . . : QuGateCodeHighUse

Message . . . . : Function error X'0306' in machine instruction.
Internal dump identifier (ID) 010036DE.

My current plan is to try a re-application of the CUM, but I'm concerned
that the whole PTF process is hosed - but don't know for sure at this
point. The download of the images is going to take the rest of the day,
so I've got some time before I go down that road. I do have SW support
for this machine, but I figure that it might be a wasted effort if the
CUM isn't fully applied yet. So, WWYD?

Bill