When I ordered my blade through the developer discount program I decided to cut the cord to RPG400 and RPGIII land and go ahead and order only RPG ILE and other ILE compilers. So I ended up with the following:

5733-RDI Rational Developer for System i V7.1
0002 OTC per User

and

5761-WDS IBM WebSphere Development Studio
1482 WebSphere Development Studio Registration
1512 P05 OTC Appl Dev ToolSet
1540 OTC per User Appl Dev ToolSet

When I installed the licensed programs I added the following:

5761WDS *BASE WebSphere Development Studio
5761WDS 21 Application Development ToolSet
5761WDS 31 ILE RPG
5761WDS 35 ILE RPG *PRV Compiler
5761WDS 51 ILE C
5761WDS 52 ILE C++
5761WDS 56 IXLC for C/C++
5761WDS 60 Workstation Tools - Base

There was no install CD for licensed programs for 5733-RDI which I assumed was OK because it is a client based application.

License key from the Key Center was:

PRDID(5761WDS)
LICTRM(V6R1M0)
FEATURE(5103)
SERIAL(*LOCAL)
PRCGRP(P05)
LICKEY(XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXX)
USGLMT(XX)
EXPDATE(*NONE)
VNDDTA(*NONE)

I am getting Grace Period expiration messages when I submit compiles and I think that is because it is because the ILE compiler for RPG isn't licensed properly. Or, perhaps not.

Does anyone know what the correct feature is for ILE compilers on IBM i 6.1? I think it is 1568 for a P05 box but I am not sure. What is the feature 5103 feature that I AM licensed for? My grace period notifications are on feature 5101 and 5102, not 1568 which is what I would expect if the feature code for ILE compilers is correct.

This site: http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=AN&subtype=CA&htmlfid=897/ENUS208-013&appname=USN seems to be pretty comprehensive but none of the WDS features I am dealing with are even mentioned there.

Man, this used to be SO simple: Order 5722WDS and you got everything you need... I don't know who this "majority" is that IBM quotes as wanting to buy the development tools in a piecemeal basis, but I sure am NOT one of them...

Pete Helgren