Tom,

You can download a CUME as images either with FTP, Download Director, or
with the SNDPTFORD command. You cannot do the immediate download of a
CUME. Simply too many bits and pieces that way. So you will end up putting
them into an image catalog to use with PTF menu option 8. This has always
been this way.

As for the old V5R4 and V5R3 groups in WRKPTFGRP you are correct, simply
clean them up with Option 4. If you accidentally do this with a current
group it DOES NOT damage your system it simply makes it hard to know which
group is applied and the next time a group is applied it will add the new
marker. Note that in V6R1 those markers do not get replaced (i.e. DB5
doesn't replace DB4) rather it adds a new entry so some cleanup will be
required after each group application in V6R1 unless you want to use this
to track PTF group history which is what it was intended for.

Hope this helps!

- Larry

Larry Bolhuis IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert -
System i Solutions
Vice President IBM Certified Systems Expert:
Arbor Solutions, Inc. System i Technical Design and
Implementation V6R1
If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English,
thank a soldier who's likely missed a few Thanksgiving's with his family.

I could have sworn that I have downloaded Cumulative PTFs directly to my
AS/400 before. With all the individual and Group PTFs I still can, but the

last couple of times I've done a cume, it has resorted to making me
download the images (Download Director or FTP) and mount up a virtual CD.
I should have all the latest ECS PTFs, including the ones that allow for
"large" PTF downloads for V5R4. Anyone know if this does or used to work?

Also, if "Old" group PTFs are listed on the WRKPTFGRP screen, is it simply

a matter of using option 4 to delete them? On one V5R4 system, I see some
group PTFs for both V5R4 and V5R3.
Tom Kreimer
Network Manager
Buckhorn Inc, Milford OH