OK!

Making some progress again. I shut stuff down and carefully walked through everything. My son had cabled up some of the modules before I had gotten back from my trip, the CPM being one of them. I really hadn't looked at the end of the cable where the 5 cat5 cables come together, I had just securely run in the attachment screws. Looking at the module end again, I noticed that there was a sticker on one side of the connector housing that said "LED Side" and it was on the wrong side (!). In defense of my son's cabling up the module, the positioning of the cable is counter-intuitive. You would expect a bundle of cables to point downward toward the large opening in the "acoustic cage". Instead, with the cable properly attached, the cable bundle points upward (take a look here: http://www.petesworkshop.com/images/cpm_cabling.jpg ). The other thing is that the connector allows you to connect the adapter the wrong way, which is interesting because most cables prevent you from doing that with a unique shape or a keylock notch or something. In any case, that was my issue. The CPM cable was attached incorrectly.

With that physical connection issue taken care of, the IVM immediately responded and I was able to log in. However, I am not sure how to attach to the running partition (it is running, I checked the status). Using the option to "Open terminal window" from the IVM starts a putty SSH session that attempts to connect to 10.0.1.20. Yet another network interface configuration issue. I tried the LAN console but I am not sure what to set the IP address to for the system.(BTW the instructions about the LAN console you had questions about came from page 44 of the readme, just under the section entitled "Installation steps that must be performed by the implementing party")

So the final step is now to connect to the i. I just need to figure that out and I should be good to go. What should I set the IP address of the LAN Console to ? Any idea why the "Open terminal Window" in IVM is trying to attach to 10.0.1.20?

Thanks.

Pete