On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All the documentation is from the Vess Natchev Readme document found here:

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/resources/systems_power_hardware_blades_i_on_blade_readme.pdf

Yeah, i read through that countless times, but i don't get where you
got your 192.168 adresses from that may or may not be preconfigured...

The ip address there squares with the IP I assigned it: 10.0.10.240. It
doesn't show the subnet config but I am guessing that is OK (s/b
255.255.255.0)

It's there. Look at "netmask". 0xffffff00 is 255.255.255.0.

That could be something in the config or it could be a cable or seating
issue. So I am going to shut down and double check all the contacts and
see it I can get to the bottom of it.

As far i know from the Server Connectivity Module i've used in my BC S
deployments so far, the BC S Ethernet Port numbering is off - it's not
straight one-to-seven. I've spent a few minutes on looking for docs,
and i can't access any BC S right now, so i can't really help you
much.

Based on the screen shot I posted, I should be able to get to VIOS at IP
address 10.0.10.240, correct?

Yes.