AFaIK [never needed to know, as they were always both installed] the OPTION(1) is the client code\support, and the OPTION(3) is the server code\support as described in Chapter 3 of the http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246130.pdf

3.1 DB2 Text Extender installation
DB2 Text Extender is made up of two parts:
- DB2 Text Extender server: This is the main part of the DB2 Text Extender. You can only have one DB2 Text Extender server instance installed for each DB2 Server instance.
- DB2 Text Extender client: This part contains some DB2 Text Extender utilities installed on the DB2 client, such as a command line interpreter for administration tasks, the user-defined functions, and API functions for text queries. Of course, the user-defined functions and API functions are executed on the server where DB2 Text Extender search engine runs.

For i5/OS programs TXSTART and TXSTOP versus the db2tx [DB2 Text Extender] command line are associated with the server [instance].

Regards, Chuck

Wilt, Charles wrote:
<<SNIP>>
Meanwhile, any idea how 5722DE1 1 Text Extender for iSeries
5722DE1 3 Text Search Engine

Relate to each other?