On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 4:31 AM, Jim Franz <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1. Anyone had experience w/4mm 72 gb (5907) on new Power system?
We were told no QIC on the low end (9407-M15).

We've been installing the U320 variant of the 4mm DAT72 tapedrives
since the Model 515 came out.

Reliability wise, the drives have been a complete failure. While we
almost never had problems with the SLR60 drives that were standard in
the minimum 520 configs before, the DAT72 drives died in droves - add
to that CRU service was optional on the 515, we had run into problems
with several customers that didn't have the needed technical personnel
on site to do the drive swap.

They're also extremely slow and the capacity is not a lot. But for
small businesses, the price is very attractive.

I have no idea if the SAS models have the same problems - if they're
the same tape drive with a different physical interface, then they
probably will. If not, then they might not.

We're still waiting for our first system to arrive, but the customer
bought a 4mm DAT72. I'll keep you posted if i ran in any issues.