Mark,

I'm not a Websmart developer, but I think the feedback you'll get will be mostly positive on all the questions you've asked, and may vary a little depending on whether the developer has the leeway of developing their own frameworks vs one needing to rely on a packaged solution. I happen to be one of the former types, and would rather write HTML, JavaScript, and RPG than have a third party tool generate it from established models, which are somewhat primitive, though productive for the developer.

Nathan.