Hi Joe

Yeah - and I think performance could be better if you knew the protocol and did it in C/C++. Or maybe even use a JDBC things as the engine.

BTW, did not mean to come off too strongly. ;-)

Vern
From: "Joe D" <nike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vernon Hamberg"
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: Query MySQL from RPG

Joe & Mike

You are not getting the drift - wow!

Thanks Vern - I clearly missed the whole ARD bit. I have been catching up
on my System i News reading (only about 6 months behind now), and recently
read about the JDBC stuff - hence the hasty reply.

A seemless integration of MySQL/MSSQL would be nice to have, provided the
performance and functionality rivaled that of the JDBC approach.