So Al, does this mean that you will not be at COMMON?

If you are going, it seems to me that you ~are~ willing to spend the money,
so there must be something in it for you. Apparently, the cost is low enough
to afford you some kind of ROI. That would mean the overall ROI vs. outlay
is ok, but for some reason the room price is too high?

If that ~is~ the case, complaining on a public forum does not really help
get COMMON to your favorite places. High prices for hotels and convention
events are certainly something to complain about, but there are many ways to
work with COMMON without shouting it here.

Don does the same - complains and complains (he thinks the emperor is naked,
but it is just a wolf) and then he turns up anyway. If it is that important
that he should turn up, then his ROI is better than his outlay, and the
details of the outlay should not be of concern. He could also stop
complaining about the details.

This is like enjoying your meal, but complaining about the cutlery.