At least as of yesterday, the customer box now has native SMTP and Lotus coexisting peacefully. I still don't understand more than about half of what you shared with me (probably because we're not a Lotus shop here), but I passed on what you shared, and evidently it made sense to the customer's people, which is all that really matters.

Thanks to all who responded.

This thread ...