Jerry,

(using V5R4 iSeries Access against a V5R3 i5...)
My experience with these items is as follows:

With RUN SQL Scripts:
** If the JDBC option is set to *SYS, if I insert a SQL
generated table it goes the LIBNAME/FILENAME route and
*PUBLIC *ALL auth.

** If the JDBC option is set to *SQL, a SQL generated table
goes the SCHEMA.TABLE route and *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE auth.

Using the schema list:
** Creating a table with the "New" option in the schema
list always uses the *SYS naming and *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE, even
if the JDBC option is set to *SYS

Maybe that last item does merit a note to IBM. The behavior
should be consistent across all iNav.

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez

--- midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

message: 3
date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:27:13 -0600
from: Jerry Adams <>
subject: Re: Object Authority Issue - Sometimes

Luis,

Thanks; I never paid much, if any, attention to the
Format tab in the
Generate SQL dialog box. On my system it is now set to
(*SYS). I am
guessing that it was (*SQL) before I changed the JDBC
connection
property. I say that because I generated the SQL for my
test table and
the source is in the format of Library/Table, while it
was Library.Table
before.

However, changing the JDBC connection property to
Naming(*SYS) still
generated a table with *PUBLIC(*Exclude), which was my
original concern
- I think.

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst