1970 Chevrolet Sys/3
1976 Chevrolet Mac Sys/32
1980 Chevrolet Mac Sys/34
1984 Chevrolet Mac Sys/36
1986 Chevrolet Mac Sys/38
1988 Chevrolet Mac AS/400
2000 Chevrolet Mac iSeries
2006 Chevrolet Mac System1

Trevor, I understand your point; I believe we all do. The simple fact is that its killing our pocketbooks. We are spending time, money, and energy trying to teach our customers what is going on. Our competitors realize our predicament and you know what? They're not helping us at all. Would you believe that?

Do you honestly believe that if we start calling it a System i anyone anywhere will do anything differently? Outside of our niche, it is and always will be, the AS/400.
Face it, this is a major blunder that can be remedied instantly with one directive from one guy. Its time to make that person act responsibly for his/her stakeholders.

Trevor Perry wrote:
Al,

I have to jump on you for this one.

Liz Taylor - 8 marriages.
AS/400+iSeries+System i = 3 names.
(If you want to add the wedding dresses, then...)
OS/400+i5/OS = 2 more names.
>From where do you get 9 or more names?

And, if you look closely, the only thing that matters in the current IT
world is the OS. This is NOT getting a rename, but a new version. i5/OS V6R1
is the current name - already been announced as that.

If you and Don (and several others) can call it by its current name - i5/OS
V6R1 - there would be no farting around on this list causing anal pucker in
the green faithful.

No change, and not Liz.

Trevor