Booth,

If a name change is killing your pocketbook, then go sell Chevys or macs. In
fact, Steve Richter advised me on another forum that I should sell used
cars, so I may see you there.

And, while taking you back to our glorious past may save YOU money, there
will be no more NEW sales of such an OLD thing. That would be THE bell that
put us ALL out of business. Outside of our niche, the AS400 is an old and
outdated server. I do believe that calling it a AS400 just makes us all old
and past our expiration date. We must adapt.

IT evolves. Fear of change does not. The so-called 'blunder' was made a long
time ago. Get over the name issue, be creative, and find a way to include
your precious AS400 word in a future that is based around the best business
application OS on the planet - currently i5/OS. And if you think that name
will change, then make your marketing plan a little more adaptable and
flexible. Be multi-talented, and sell your AS/400 skills to AS/400
customers, your iSeries skills to iSeries customers, and your i5/OS skills
to everybody.

Everyone here seems to think I am debating the name change. I am not. What I
advocate is that all of us use the SAME name - but one that takes us into
the future. Besides, it is really not that difficult to explain that a
System i server is the one you will buy when you upgrade your AS/400.

It is 2008, come and join us here.

Trevor