It is sad, Trevor, that some of those who consider themselves the
biggest cheerleaders of the AS/400 cannot/will not change with the
times. It would be a very sad day if the functionality of the AS/400 and
the iSeries never improved. IBM didn't let that happened...they keep
building and creating a technology to meet the technology challenges of
businesses today.

The AS/400 is gone...no longer sold, except on the used market. The
iSeries is gone, as well. With i5/OS IBM kept the best of the OS/400
technology and built a new state-of-the-art technology. Is there
another vendor that allows i5/OS, AIX, Linux, IBM Blades, Windows and HP
Blades to run in one chassis? Frankly, the January announcement is very
exciting! Calling the product by the OS makes a great deal of sense to
me based on the future as predicted by Frank Soltis since 2000.

Complaining about the name changes isn't doing anything but venting. The
"branding" is IBM. i5/OS is a trademark but not a brand. IBM is the
brand. The term "marketing" is hugh...complaining about it doesn't do
any good when the die hard fans can't get the product name right!

One of the biggest problems this community has is complaining/whining
versus getting involved and doing something concrete. And, of course,
they love to beat up on you, Trevor! Messin' with an Australian could be
dangerous <smile>!!

So much for Anne's venting this morning!! Y'all have a great Friday!

.....Anne

Have a blessed day!
Anne Lucas
Customer Account Executive, Genisys Group, Inc.
205-823-4831 Office, 205-746-6850 Mobile
Fax: 205-690-4193 or 615-250-4889
email: alucas@xxxxxxxxxxx
AOL Instant Message: So Anne Lucas

www.teamggi.com