Hi Aaron

I've never used the iNav method. And with group PTFs, I don't know that it is the way to go. I could be wrong, just don't know. I do just know that when things get weird, I need to get back to basics - see last paragraph below.

My preference is to download via FTP when downloading to an iSeries, maybe Download Director if I have to download to a PC first. I do NOT use immediate download - I assume you were using DD, and the first item downloaded was one of the images. I just did the V5R4 latest CUME and 3 or 4 groups - 16 CDs worth altogether.

Using either FTP or DD, you then either burn CDs and load them into image catalogs on the iSeries, or you upload them to the IFS and load THOSE into image catalogs. You could have downloaded them directly to the iSeries using FTP - I don't do that at work because they take up a lot of bandwidth. On the virtual loaner box I was on this week, I used that method, since it is IBM's connection, not ours - heh!

Something this big will not use immediate download, as it is too big.

Hope this makes some sense - it does not say what happened to you. I just know that seeing a list of individual PTFs when you want to install a CUME or other group means to me that something will NOT work. In my experience.

Also, you don't need to order the HIPER or DB2 separately - they are automatically included with the CUME.

As to DSPPTF - I always direct output to an outfile - much easier to analyze using SQL.You should also use WRKPTFGRP and check the level, as well as status there.

I just don't trust iNav for this - old reliable works every time!!

Oh, yeah - to get the CUME and PTFs again in Fix Central, you need to say something like send everything so they can be installed on multiple systems. And don't start with individual fixes or tailored items for your system. And don't order CUMEs and group PTFs through any means other than the CUME and group PTFs option at the start. They CAN end up as a bunch of individual PTFs, which won't apply properly.

HTH
Vern