From: midrange-l-bounces+albartell=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+albartell=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 1:32 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Applying Cumes

Aaron,

You're right, you DO need to IPL.

However, those are out of date, some extremely so (over a year). Since
you're going to IPL anyway you might as well get current. Again, check
out those links I sent you earlier to find out the latest versions.

If they still say Not Applied after the next IPL, then I'd do the GO
LICPGM, 50 again. Leaving the default date/time in there, or maybe what
it is NOW so that you don't get clouded by some of that older stuff.
Because if they do say not applied then you have issues. Could be:
Someone did an ENDJOBABN or something which will flag your IPL as an
"Abnormal" ipl, thus many ptfs (other than MF* ptfs) will not apply.
Some prereq or coreq thing. Will probably see that on the GO LICPGM, 50.
If not, then on WRKJOB SCPF and pouring through joblogs.
Serious issues with Link Loader. Best fixed by a stiff drink of Wild
Turkey.

I almost never read the cover letters. Do I get slapped? Occasionally,
but usually not so bad that it would make me take the effort to read each
individually.