The important point is that it's standard JSF code and now the designer
can play with it and do whatever they want using the WYSIWYG editor. Best
of all, they can do it in a RAD session with the end user, using real data
from the real file.

You don't work with designers very much do you :-) First, try teaching a
creatively minded person how to use WDSC, and then try to convince them it
is better than their xyz tooling. With that said, business applications
(that aren't customer facing) DON'T need to look nice - or rather they can
use a slim and trim css to get'r'done.

JSF's tag yucky-ness is one reason I attempted to move over to Tapestry,
because a graphical designer could more easily make it look pretty (i.e.
Apache's Tapestry only added attributes to existing HTML tags for the most
part - memory is fading on that time of life). With JSF you have this whole
set of custom tags, and if you need to do something slightly out of the
ordinary, you end up with a complete mess. Below is an example of such a
within a <x:datatable> tag. The only way to do that was to use the
<f:verbatim> tag to tell the rendering engine to include the wrapped HTML at
that exact location in the resulting page. Starts to feel like the 80/20
rule... Maybe EGL has a new approach to the problems I've had, but I don't
think it has been put to the test yet. That's why you have been getting so
much flack from me :-)

Have you developed what you consider an Enterprise level application with
EGL? I don't believe I got an answer back from you the last time I asked in
our previous debate.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

JSF sampling:
<h:outputText value="Print Job Id" styleClass="copybold" escape="false"/>
<f:verbatim></td><td></f:verbatim>
<h:outputText value="#{uiobj.printJob.uid}" styleClass="copy"/>

<h:outputText value="Status" styleClass="copybold" escape="false"/>
<f:verbatim></td><td></f:verbatim>
<h:outputText value="#{uiobj.printJob.sts.descr}" styleClass="copy"/>

<h:outputText value="#{fl.document_legacyid}" styleClass="copybold"
escape="false"/>
<f:verbatim></td><td></f:verbatim>
<h:outputText value="#{uiobj.printJob.document.legacyid}"
styleClass="copy"/>

<h:outputText value="#{fl.document_name}" styleClass="copybold"
escape="false"/>
<f:verbatim></td><td></f:verbatim>
<h:outputText value="#{uiobj.printJob.document.name}" styleClass="copy"/>

<h:outputText value="Copies" styleClass="copybold" escape="false"/>
<f:verbatim></td><td></f:verbatim>
<h:outputText value="#{uiobj.printJob.copies}" styleClass="copy"/>