Hello Joe,

Comments in line.

Gotta get on the stump again here.

Have you guys actually tried EGL? Look, there are two ways to do things:
learn the basics and program it yourself. IBM has provided you that with
unrivaled support for JSP Model 2 for about a decade. Everybody says, "Boo
hoo hoo, Java is too hard for me, I can't do it."

Having complained to IBM in regard to EGL being un-bundled, I was
offered a free download. I think. I have been unable to find it or
make it work in the very limited time I have to spare.

I write Java every day - not an expert - just producing GUI APPS
where needed with swing. I would like to look into EGL, but it's
kind of hard to find the time when it *may* be priced out of my
reach at any time. And I have been bit *hard* with wonderful claims
from tool producers that don't pan out in the long run. I am not
going to invest any more money in tools until I can see where it
will pay *US* to use it in *OUR* environment in the long run. I
wouldn't mind paying for a tool that was really useful - I just
don't believe advertising.

I wanted to do some of the tutorials and play with the wizards but I
haven't been able to get it downloaded. I work ten or more hours a
day and still stay behind the 8ball. For every project we finish we
have 2 more added to the list. If IBM thinks they want someone like
me to use EGL they might want to make it bit easier to get... Given
the course of a year, I can find a little time here and there to
explore. If the tool is lying here in front of me I will eventually
get some time to play with it.

Maybe my shop it atypical. Maybe I'm just not too bright. I am
certain that I am Overworked. <grin> I would dearly love to give it
a good try - just can't get it to come around on the guitar...

I don't get it. If the issue is ease of development, EGL is the
answer. What are you waiting for?

Joe

waiting for it to come around on the guitar I guess...