-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Walden H. Leverich

This is simply untrue.
The buffer overrun exploits that allow you to raise your security level
and
thus take over a machine are not possible in i5/OS.

I'll say it, since Patrick is probably too nice to do so...

Joe, taking on Patrick Botz, IBM's lead security architect for i5/OS and
the IBM Virtualization Engine, about what's possible and not possible in
i5/OS security is probably a losing battle. IF, and I stress, IF, there
are possible exploits for i5/OS, he's the one to know!

-Walden

And although he's not actively about in the lists anymore, I'd take what Leif (Svalgaard) says over any IBM personnel, who ever it was.

This thread ...