Kinda sorta, but better. From the manual:

Template Overview

A Viewpoint Template is simply a ViewPoint View used as the starting point
to create
a new view. A Template can be any view on the system, but typically they are
views that are designed ahead of time to join specific files, to use certain
fields, or to
rename fields with more meaningful names.

You might design a template for the following scenarios:

Simplify File Joins

. Most requests, depending on business type and job function, usually
involve the
same files (or different combinations of the same files) joined in the same
manner.
By creating a template with the files already joined, the end users don't
have
to worry about file relationships, and join types. The operation staff
doesn't have
to worry about run-away queries.
. In some cases files need to be joined on derived fields. A template can be
created
with the required files, the necessary derived field(s), and the proper join
statement.

Field Names

. Select fields from your files and give them meaningful names and column
headings.
When this kind of template is selected, the end user might see a field like
'Sales Region' instead of a field called 'REGON'.
. Create complex calculations in a template so the end user can simply
select the
new field.

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978