From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Al Barsa
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 9:31 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Daylight savings time

When IBM defined the Daylight Savings Time stuff, they (modestly)
underpredicted the effect of time going backwards abruptly. Apparently it
screwed up SAP from what I heard, and timed operations in BRMS were
somewhat affected. More time zones were added to V5R3 by PTF, and several
more added in V5R4.

There was a big push to modify time zones for V5R4, but this was abandoned
when the release was pushed out.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by:
midrange-l-bounce To
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

10/19/2007 08:19 Subject
AM Daylight savings time

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
nge.com>

So, anyone hear of any important ptf's or anything we need for Daylight
Savings Time (DST)?

Apparently going through that confuses some software pretty badly.

DST

Title: DWA: DST 2007 fixes and IE7 fixes for Domino 7.0.2 (U.S. and Canada

Title: Knowledge Collection: Daylight Saving Time (DST) in Notes/Domino
(updated content)

Title: October Notes/Domino Open Mic conference call: Impact of Daylight
Saving Time changes

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000