From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 9:07 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Damaged objects after hard fall

It's going to involve several hours work.

You could run the following:
RCLSTG
How long would that take on your system? DSPDTAARA QRCLSTG.
It varies.
On one machine
Value
*...+....1....+.
'1070921 201541 <-Start time
'1070922 050445 <-End time
On another
*...+....1....+.
'1070920 122733
'1070920 140332
Requires dedicated system.

Two, you should do a full system save, GO SAVE, option 21. This will
tell you what objects are damaged. And the SAVE will update a flag in
each individual object that is damaged so that you can then DSPOBJD to
an output file and query that for the damaged object flag. Attempts to
try the DSPOBJD before the save can update the flag is an exercise in
futility.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Mackie, Roger L. (Precision Press)" <RLMackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/12/2007 09:52 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"Hughes, Alan \(Precision Press\)" <awhughes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Fax to

Subject
Damaged objects after hard fall

Hi all.

Yesterday a cable came loose at the data center that hosts our System i
(iSeries 81) server. The server went down hard. After it came back up, a
damaged object kept item verification from working properly. This
morning, users are reporting other bizarre behavior on our system. With
our System i administrator out for several weeks, is there anything a
programmer can do to identify damaged objects while users are doing
their normal work?

Thanks in advance,
Roger Mackie