From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Allen
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 2:51 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Why buy 5733-Qu2 (Was: 5733QU2 - No Developer Discount)

RIght on Pete, I thought we'd have trouble getting the $ stuff but after
our
CFO went to a announcement put on my a business aprtner he was wowed (even
though he also had to sit thru a dog and pony show on new models, etc
...but
he also fell in love with the idea of IBM director and having everything
managed, run on the System i, especially now after our SQL server crash
last
week for a bad disk (He even said "ET (our i5) would have phoned home
before
it crashed" that we are still recovering from.

For basically a 1 man shop (me, although the CFO and business analyst are
pretty decent with Query) this could be a godsend to save us switching
platforms, we'll have to see what our new IS director says (starts work
tomorrow, no mid range background though :(