Paul,

I'm researching the same thing for a proposed disaster recovery process.
The big-name HA packages (DataMirror and Vision) use remote journaling to
make the sync a hands off, near realtime process. Their prices also
started at low-5-figures for our P10 520. Another remote journaling
package (Google SOR400) was less comprehensive but cheaper. Yet another,
Mimix DR1 seemed a good fit but added significant DASD overhead because
it didn't use remote journaling. Or you could roll your own by monitoring
the object journals. Several threads in the archives about that.

I believe *SAVF is reserved for QSYS.LIB objects. The SAV command might
be what you need.

Please keep us posted if you find anything interesting.

JK

Hello,

I have a project that involves sending a collection of data files (some in
the IFS, others in two different libraries), to other systems to synch
whenever they change.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest some methods to achieve this, (save
files?), also can I combine objects from the IFS and different libraries
into a single save file?

Thanks in advance!