From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Allen
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 9:13 AM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Changed our IP address now SMTP is broken

While setting up VPN on our network we had to change the IP
address of our AS400 (V5R1) from 192.168.1.50 to 192.168.2.50

Everything appears to be back up and working (Users can log
on, map drives etc) except for SMTP

SMTP will start up (jobs QTSMTPBRCL QTSMTPBRSR QTSMTPCLTD
QTSMTPSRVD) they stay running for about 5 minutes

Then they end with the following in the joblog:

TCP206E Diagnostic 40 08/02/07 08:39:56
QTMSCLCD QTCP *STMT QTMSCLCD QTCP

From module . . . . . .
. . : QTMSCLUT

From procedure . . . .
. . : PostTCP206E__FiPc

Statement . . . . . . .
. . : 625

To module . . . . . . .
. . : QTMSCLCD

To procedure . . . . .
. . : main

Statement . . . . . . .
. . : 275

Message . . . . :
SMTP received an error from a sockets function.

Cause . . . . . :
Probable causes are: -- network problem -- remote host

problem Technical
description . . . . . . . . : SMTP received errno 3421

from sockets function
BIND(). To see the meaning of the errno, enter command

DSPMSGD
RANGE(CPEXXXX), where XXXX is the four digit errno value.

TCP2081 Diagnostic 20 08/02/07 08:39:56
QTMSUTL QTCP *STMT QTMSCLCD QTCP
*STMT

From module . . . . .
. . . : QTMSUTIL

From procedure . . .
. . . : qtms_IssueMessage

Statement . . . . . .
. . . : 1747

To module . . . . . .
. . . : QTMSCLCD

To procedure . . . .
. . . : main

Statement . . . . . .
. . . : 276

Message . . . . :
SMTP unable to bind to Internet Protocol interface

192.168.1.50.

Recovery . . . :
Check the status of Internet Protocol interface

192.168.1.50 with the
command NETSTAT *IFC, and start if necessary, or

correct problems.

When I run the command NETSTAT *IFC is shows our new IP
address 192.168.2.50 not the 192.168.1.50 that is shown in
the message above from the joblog

So something somewhere still has our old IP address

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

John

--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion