And, I am not a big fan of skipping releases during an upgrade. I
especially cringe when people do save/restore to move from one unsupported
release several jumps to a current release. This ain't your father's
AS/400. The little things will bite you. Like the recent unload/reload
where the IBMer didn't restore the config on the GO RESTORE - 21. Granted,
doing a CHGNETA and running the danged RSTCFG myself was no big sweat.
However the damage was done. All the remote journals were worthless
because of the change in system name.

I let my HMC get way behind. Now I have to upgrade from 5.x to 6.x to
6.x.y to 7.something. But that 7.something looks really sweet! I did an
upgrade from a more current version to 7.x elsewhere and it was quite
smooth and gosh those screens are nice. The only people who might not
like it are those who were really used to the old stuff and could click on
stuff blindfolded, or, who had detailed instructions typed up for those
who only touched the bugger once or twice a year.

One thing I am really looking forward to is no load of WebSM needed to get
the full gui anymore from a remote PC. Can't wait!