From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Crump, Mike
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 2:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: New redpaper: i5/OS Program Conversion: Getting readyfor
i5/OSV6R1

Brad wrote:

"I would guess at least 20-30% are pre V5, another 30-40 are V5R1/2 and
the rest maybe V5R3/4. I would be willing to bet other ISVs that do
support lower OS versions would have similar numbers."

Holy *&^%. That might help partially explain why the system is not
considered modern.......V5R1 was announced in 2001, V5R2 was announced
in 2002, V5R3 announced in 2004. Makes almost any other Wintel or Unix
system look like it is comparatively ultra modern to i5/OS when in fact
it isn't.

Michael Crump

Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers, Inc.
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN 47302
765.741.7696
765.741.7012 f

Arrogance
The best leaders inspire by example. When that's not an option, brute
intimidation works pretty well, too.
This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Saint-Gobain. If it did, it would be
folded, mutilated, watered down, politically corrected, and would show
up a week later if at all. If you are not the intended recipient of
this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them,
nor must you copy or show them to anyone.
error.