I have an HP LaserJet 4250tn set up as an ip printer.
It works fine with one minor annoyance. If the printer is in sleep mode
when it receives a job the following message appears in QSYSOPR on a
520 running V5R4:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPI404F
Message . . . . : Problem with device PRT08.

Cause . . . . . : An error was detected on device PRT08. Look at the
printer to determine the cause of the problem.

This is a severity 99 message, which causes somebody to investigate.
However, the printer prints the job without a problem.

On a 270 running V5R3 I also get a message in QSYSOPR, but a less
severe one:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPD337F
Message . . . . : Remote device rejected an attempt by the writer to
open a connection.

This is a severity 40 message and therefore much less intrusive.

So my question: How can I avoid this message altogether, or if this is
not possible how can I get the less intrusive V5R3 behaviour on the V5R4
box?

Here's the *DEVD:
CRTDEVPRT DEVD(PRT08)
DEVCLS(*LAN)