Hi:

Well, I work in a computer room with a sprinkler system. If it is
triggered I either have job security for life or I look for work....

In a fire, Halon's toxicity is not going to be my first concern. But
context is everything; atmospheric nitrogen is not toxic (it's 80% of the
air we breathe), but ask a scuba diver if it can become dangerous.

Anyway, if the oxygen level in a Halon-filled room is low enough to
suppress a fire then I am extremely skeptical that it is high enough to
support human life for very long. Double my concern for asthmatics and
other people with respiratory challenges that don't normally affect their
ability to work productively, but significantly decrease their ability to
take in oxygen.

Note that when I say fire, I am referring to combustion; not all fires are
flames. In a computer room that is especially true.

Darrell

Darrell A. Martin - 630-754-2141
Manager, Computer Operations
dmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx