Hi,

We've just ordered our first 515 for a customer, and i will post a short
review as soon as we have the machine.

As far as the licensing is concerned, we have the following information
from our distributor (which may or may not be true, as licenses are
legal documents, and I'm by no means a legal person).

Licensing is done by user. Not by session.

A user is someone who authenticates against the System i. If the
authentication uses user profiles, that counts. If the authentication is
a java web application which uses a normal PF for user profiles, that
counts too. Pricing is 2000 CHF per 5 users. (Almost triple what
Microsoft charges for the Small Business Server CALs).

Access from users outside of the company requires an external users
entitlement, which grants an ulimited users to access your system.
Pricing is 6000 CHF for this feature.

There is no technical enforcement of the licensing rules. (Honestly, it
would be pretty impossible).

We did some calculations, and we've come up with the following prices:

520 with unlimited users 600CPW, 70GB Mirrored, 1/4 Inch Tape, 2GB, XW1,
QU1, PSF 1-45, 1 Year Subscription included

28000 CHF

515 with 5 users 3800CPW, 70GB Mirrored, 4mm Tape, XW1, QU1, PSF 1-45,
Upgrade to One year
21000 CHF (#6010)

515 with 5 users 3800CPW, 70GB Mirrored, 1/4 Inch Tape, XW1, QU1,
PSF1-45, ST1, 1 Year included
21500 CHF (#6011)

At 2000 per 5 users, it's clear where the line for users has to be
drawn.