From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Colin Williams
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:03 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Platform Independence (was George is Farr from where we want
tobe)

Michael,

platform independence is probably more important to vendors, and a lot of
iseries sales come on the back of sales of vendor apps, so its important to
IBM...

On 28/03/07, Michael Ryan <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How important is platform independence to the community? It has little
importance to me. I believe RPG is the best language on iSeries, and I
don't need to write the same code to run on multiple platforms. I *do*
write code on multiple platforms (VB and C on Wintel), but I don't
expect or want to run the *same* code on other platforms.